The Kona Ute… Kona as in Kona, Ute as in utility..
Imagine a bike that is lightweight, fast, ‘conventional’ in its derailer gears and disc brakes, imagine that bike but with a longer rack on the back with a whopper of a bag or two.
Is your working day is dulled by your limited pack lunch options? fed up with creased clothes at work? Just imagine a bike that you ride to work that would enable you to transport (if you wanted) a whole french stick, you wouldn’t even have to cut it in half, just tuck it safely into your ute’s long orange bag where it will be kept safe and sound, unsnapped, for when that lunchtime horn sounds. Imagine how uncreased your suit would be rolled and placed into the into spacious and lengthy bags.
Change the way you think about carrying stuff…instead of the vertical tube shape of a traditional pannier and the way you have to stack stuff onto other stuff, hopefully with your cans on the bottom and your cherry toms on top, a long horisontal bag does away with a lot of that worry. (you probably haven’t lost a huge amount of sleep over that issue but you get my point)
The Kona Ute is probably the most sensible longtail bike there is, it does not profess to be able to carry a lot of weight but does give you a lot of space to carry a lot of stuff….exactly what you need day to day…
It is a great mystery to me that the kona Ute is not a huge best seller, The latest version is cute with a wooden deck, nice paint and the luggage is well thought through (they fit the yuba mundo too).
We have found a boxed 08 Ute whilst having a pre spring clean…we can supply it with 2010 bags, we reckon we can save you a couple of hundred big ones on the 2010 bike price. A demo bike is available too. Its a cracker…Its a nimble bike too, check this out..
like the lady says…niiiiice!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
pics from R.U.B and friends
|Rob from Really Usef… on Walking the dog by Bike|
|Joe on Walking the dog by Bike|
|Cargo bikes | Sightl… on The Kona Ute… Kona as in…|
- Bespoked Bristol 2013, A landmark Show.
- 'Do not base policies about cycling on the views of existing committed cyclists'
- The Bristol Pound and the Bicycle.
- Blogs, tweets and facebooking.
- A Brompton day out
- Life on a bicycle with 2…kids!!??
- Walking the dog by Bike
- It’s a new year….let’s think forward…
- Electrically assisted Urban Arrow from Amsterdam.
- some special offers on Gazelle Bicycles.
- Hub gears and hills
- Cycle Embassies full of fresh air!
- Danish Cargo Bike Championships 2011
- Cargo Bike Builders of the World Unite!
- Gazelle Cabby. A users review.
- Quality dutch bicycles for the less tall.
- Looking back to the future..the key to the highway?
- Trailers! this weeks feature….
- If you want support stockings….look in the ‘lingerie’ section!
- Petition to change EBays categorisation of the bicycle.